18451 Convention Center Drive, Tinley Park, IL
18451 Convention Center Drive, Tinley Park, IL
Sponsor & Exhibitor Information
Read about 2012Read about 2013 Sessions
Check out the Summit Speaker Presentations below, but also click the button above to read summaries of each session.
If you attended the Summit, please don't forget to take our feedback survey here! By filling out the survey, you will receive the event's Contact List!
Also - please give us your insight on barriers and solutions to greening our Illinois businesses and economy. What would you like to see? From your feedback, IGBA will be putting together webinars and educational information to remove barriers and spread the word about best solutions and practices. Thank you!
Who better to inspire us at the 2013 Illinois Green Business Summit than L. Hunter Lovins?!
Video of L. Hunter Lovin's keynote - pt. 1
Video of L. Hunter Lovin's keynote - pt. 2
L. Hunter Lovins is President and founder of the Natural Capitalism Solutions, also currently a professor of sustainable business management at Bainbridge Graduate Institute, Bard College, and Denver University; and the chief insurgent of the madrone project. Her presentation at the Summit is entitled, Lead, Follow, or Get out of the Way: The Business Case for Sustainability.
Lovins has consulted with large and small companies worldwide, including the International Finance Corporation, Royal Dutch Shell, Interface, Clif Bar, and Wal-Mart. Governmental clients include the Pentagon, U.S. EPA, Department of Energy and other agencies, numerous cities, and the governments of Jamaica, Australia, and the U.S. She has also served an advisor to the Energy Minister of the Government of Afghanistan. Lovins was named Time Magazine 2000 Hero of the Planet and in 2009 Newsweek dubbed her a “Green Business Icon.”
More about L. Hunter Lovins and Natural Capitalism Solutions
Buy her book!
There was also a lunch panel with corporate sustainability leaders from Office Depot and Caterpillar, along with eight panels and workshops throughout the day focusing on topics such as employee engagement, finance and incentive programs, social media and green business marketing, energy and efficient technologies for your business, purchasing and waste, and more.
Attendees also engaged with 30 Sponsors and Exhibitors that shared what they are doing to make Illinois a more sustainable place to live and work. Huge thanks to them for helping make it happen.
Water Conservation | Higher Education & Green Business | Employee Engagement | Financing & Incentive Programs | How to Begin Going Green | Marketing Green |
Social Media Strategy | Energy Efficiency Innovative Technologies | Purchasing & Waste | Community Partnerships for Sustainability
Roundtable Activity: After the lunch panel session, we discussed challenges and best practices for integrating sustainability at your organization.
L. Hunter Lovins - Lead, Follow, or Get Out of the Way
Watch L. Hunter Lovin's Speech: Part 1; Part 2
Eric Heineman - State of Illinois Sustainability and Grant Programs
Yalmaz Siddiqui - Sr. Sustainability Strategist, Office Depot
Tim Lindsey - Global Sustainability Strategist, Caterpillar
(Summary of Panel Session)
Water Systems: Managing Stormwater and Conserving a Precious Resource (Summary of Panel Session)
- George Czapar, Director, Center for Watershed Science
- Megan Chery, Project Coordinator and LEED GA, Alliance for Water Efficiency
- Jack Pizzo, Director, Pizzo and Associates Ltd., Ecology + Vision, Pizzo Native Plant Nursery LLC, and Native Landscape Contractors, LLC.
Smart Sustainable Purchasing and Waste Reduction Strategies (Summary of Panel Session)
- Eloise Karlatiras, President and CEO, Green Chicago Restaurant Coalition
- Linda Laszewski, Resource Conservation Analyst, PepsiCo, Pepsi Beverages America
- Dennis Salazar, President and Co-Founder, Salazar Packaging, Inc.
Green Guide: Mapping Financial Incentives and Budgeting (Summary of Panel Session)
- Don Fournier, Former Director of The Smart Energy Design Assistance Center, "Overview of Incentive Programs"
- Dara Reiff, Outreach Coordinator, CNT Energy
- Chad Sieben, VP Business Banking, Busey
- Jason Vogelbaugh, Director of Energy Solutions, Alpha Controls & Services LLC
What’s Your Green Story? (Workshop)(Summary of Panel Session)
- Julie Urlaub, Founder and Managing Partner, Taiga Company
Driving Sustainability Education through Business (Summary of Panel Session)
- Gifford Pinchot, Founder, President, Pinchot & Company, and Founder, President, Bainbridge Institute
- Eban Goodstein - Director of Center for Environmental Policy at Bard College
- Terri Berryman, Project Director, Career Pathways/TAA Grant, Illinois Green Economy Network
- Ron Nahser, PhD, Director, Urban Sustainable Management Programs, Institute for Business and Professional Ethics and Driehaus College of Business, DePaul University
- L. Hunter Lovins, Natural Capitalism Solutions
The Illinois Green Business Association will be taking a year off from hosting the Illinois Green Business Summit to host regional round-table, community organizing sessions - what better way to put sustainability in motion than working on the local and regional level? After these regional events, we will bring all the content and successes to the next Illinois Green Business Summit in 2015. Stay tuned to learn more about when the IGBA will be coming to your region to host one of these sessions to help bridge the gaps and put sustainability in action!
15,552faucet aerators installed
2,572metric tons of carbon emissions saved per year
Share some green!
Donate to IGBA via Network for Good to keep our programs running strong, and encourage expansion of our services!
The Illinois Green Business Association (IGBA) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.
Contact us from 9am-5pm at (217) 531-2179
301 N Neil St, Champaign, IL 61820
Copyright © 2014 by Illinois Green Business Association. All rights reserved.
Design, development, and hosting provided by Accuraty Solutions, LLC.